1. Nasjonalt råd for ernæring. Kostråd for å fremme folkehelsen og forebygge kroniske sykdommer. 2011.
2. Utviklingen i norsk kosthold 2012. Helsedirektoratet.
3. Siri-Tarino, P.W., Sun, Q., Hu, F.B. & Krauss, R.M. Meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies evaluating the association of saturated fat with cardiovascular disease. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010; 91: 502-509.
4. Skeaff, C.M. and Miller, J. Dietary fat and coronary heart disease: Summary of evidence from prospective cohort and randomized controlled trials. Ann Nutr Metab 2009; 55: 173-201
5. Food and agriculture organization of the United Nations. Fats and fatty acids in human nutrition. FAO food and nutrition paper 91. Roma: FAO, 2010.
6. Astrup, A., et al. The role of reducing intakes of saturated fat in the prevention of cardiovascular disease: Where does the evidence stand I 2010? Am J Clin Nutr 2011; 93: 684-688.
7. Siri-Tarino, P.W., Sun, Q., Hu, F.B. & Krauss, R.M. Saturated fatty acids and risk of coronary heart disease: Modulation by replacement nutrients. Curr Atheroscler Rep 2010 12: 384-90
8. Baum J. S. et al. Fatty acids in cardiovascular health and disease: A comprehensive update. J of Clin Lipidology 2012, 6, 216-34.
9. Jakobsen, M.U. et al. Major types of dietary fat and risk of coronary heart disease: a pooled analysis of 11 cohort studies. Am J Clin Nutr 2009;89:1452-32
10. Mozaffarian, D., Micha, R. & Wallace, S. Effects of coronary heart disease of increasing polyunsaturated fat in place of saturated fat: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomizes controlled trials. Plos medicine march 2010, vol 7, issue 3.
11. Jakobsen, M.U. et al. Intake of carbohydrates compared with intake of saturated fatty acids and risk of myocardial infarction: importance of glycemic index. Am J Clin Nutr 2010;91:1764-8